Welcome to our school page on Special Educational Needs. Here you will find lots of information about supporting children with Special Educational Needs.
We are an Inclusive School which focuses on the well-being and progress of all children. We actively seek to remove barriers to learning which may hinder or exclude the progress of individuals or groups of children.
We try to support children and families within the areas of
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Looked After Children (LAC)
- Post Looked After Children
- Social Emotional Mental Health Needs (SEMH)
- Medical Needs
- Attendance/ Punctuality Needs
- Accessibility Requirements
- Safeguarding / Child Welfare
We offer support through a variety of channels
- Open and honest information sharing
- Meetings with teaching staff
- Referral and contact from our THRIVE practitioners
- Referral to Lin Ward, Attendance Officer
- Early Help Intervention
- Signposting to external agencies
- Referrals to relevant agencies as required
- Attending appointments with parents/carers
- Supporting parents/carers to liaise with external agencies as required.
At Holywell Primary School, we are all here to help! We operate an open-door policy and you are welcome to come into school anytime, to discuss any concerns or questions you might have about your child.
Miss Evans is the school SENDCO (Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator). She works with children, teachers, parents/ carers and outside agencies to ensure that our pupil’s needs are met. If you would like to contact Miss Evans, you can arrange a meeting through the school office or email her on email@example.com
Please click on the link below for details about the SEN Code of Practise and a web link to access it.
Holywell Primary and Nursery School is a Worcestershire school, however it is very close to the Birmingham border, therefore our catchment is made up of Worcestershire and Birmingham children. Support that is provided in school comes from Worcestershire, but any referrals for health services are sent to your ‘home’ authority. Miss Evans is able to complete referrals for both Worcestershire and Birmingham services. Links to the Local Offers from both authorities are below.
Please click on the link below to see our SEND Information Report.
We work very closely with a range of other professionals in order to help meet the needs of your child. Please click on the appropriate links below to find out more.