At Holywell Primary School, our vision for Art & Design is to give children opportunities to express themselves and to open their eyes to the world around them, experiencing the greatest Art from history to the present day and searching within themselves to explore and develop their own creativity.
The Holywell curriculum for Art and Design aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other
- Art, craft and design techniques.
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of Art, craft and Design.
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
We teach Art & Design in line with the legal requirements of the National Curriculum 2014. We aim to teach a high-quality art and design education and engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of Art, craft and Design. As pupils progress throughout the school, they develop critical thinking and understand how Art and Design has helped shape the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.