As a school, we want to support our children and their families in any way we can during this time. One way we aim to do this is through offering home learning options for all of our children from Nursery to Year 6. We understand this will be a tricky time for our families and our staff want to support you in any way we can. If you require any advice or support with the home learning ideas, please contact your child's teachers via their email: email@example.com (where ? is the relevant year group). All other queries, should be emailed to our office to ensure the correct person deals with them: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I use the Learning Projects?
As a parent your first step is to select the age range linked to the year group your child is in. You then download the project and begin following it. The aim is for your child to complete 2 - 3 hours of home learning a day but this is very much your parental choice and you may wish for your child to do less or more.
What happens if my child finds the learning too difficult?
Our first piece of advice to parents is that ALL children find elements of learning challenging at times so try not to worry if your child becomes stuck and you cannot explain it to them. If this happens then make a note of what they found hard and move onto another learning activity - the school will cover any misconceptions when we return. The Learning Projects which have been designed are based on the National Curriculum expectations for the year group which your child is in. It may be that your child finds the tasks set within the Learning Project for their year group too challenging, for example if they have additional learning needs. If this is the case, then we advise that your child accesses the Learning Projects which are set to the age range below, for example a child in Year 2 could attempt the Year 1 Learning Project, if this is more appropriate for them.
I haven't got access to the internet. What do I do?
We can print out the home learning projects for you to collect weekly. If you require this, please email Miss Tuck at email@example.com or let your class teacher know.
Big Bang have begun to announce their line up for Tuesday 14th July: https://www.digitalbigbang.co.uk/
Recommended shows so far:
Gastronaut: I can STEM a rainbow at 15.10
BBC Gastronaut Stefan Gates and his daughter Poppy embark on a stunning scientific adventure through the colours of the rainbow in a show filmed in the Gastrolab. Dedicated to all the key workers working so hard for us all, the show is packed with spectacular, colourful science demos using glowing drinks, colour-changing breath, sugar explosions, edible insects and the world’s weirdest giant whoopee cushion. Stef and Poppy explore the visible spectrum and beyond, using infra-red cameras, UV lights, leafblowers, marshmallows and quite a lot of rockets.
THIS WEEK IS VIRTUAL SPORTS DAY. Have a go and win some prizes!
Why not see if you can beat some of the staff doing the challenges!
Balance Blindfold Challenge
As school, we invest in a number of online resources and also recognise that there are many educational providers offering their online resources for free. The links below link to resources we provide and are using as part of the learning projects above. In addition, they link to wider resources that you may also find useful.
Keep in Touch
As a school, we want to keep in touch with our children and their families during this time. The channels we are using are:
- Facebook: Find us at www.facebook.com/holywellpns or search 'Holywell Primary and Nursery School'
- Twitter: Follow us at @HolywellPNS
- Instagram: Our Early Years Team post at @holywellprimaryfs, Year 1 @holywellprimaryyear1 , Year 2 @holywellprimaryyear2 and Key Stage 2 at @holywellprimarykeystage2
- We will email newsletters to our families, so please make sure you are receiving these. If you are not, please contact the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your child can contact their teacher via email:
- Nursery: YNhomelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk
- Reception: YRhomelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk
- Year 1: Y1homelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk
- Year 2: Y2homelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk
- Year 3: Y3homelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk
- Year 4: Y4homelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk
- Year 5: Y5homelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk
- Year 6: Y6homelearning@holywell.worcs.sch.uk